Some down time  

Posted by SpearDriver in , , ,

The game took a night off last night, and of course Games Campus doesn't provide around the clock support, so a few of us went and had a forum event instead. We were mostly just goofing off, but it all remained pretty civilized. Pretty much just on time, like when Camlost got to work this morning, the game was up and running again.

As a compensation event we are getting 2x the usual experience rates until Wednesday at noon. It would be nicer to have this sort of thing on the weekends when more people could take advantage of it, but 48 hours of compensation time, for less than 12 hours of down time is still pretty generous. Drop rates and skill rates are not affected by this.

I personally have some down time today too, and wont be playing. Maybe not even tomorrow too. We'll see. I think many of you know that my wife is a doctor and one of the down sides to that is, sometimes she comes home with a bug from a patient. She was sick 3 days last week, and today it's my turn. Norovirus is not fun at all.

Another guy taking some unwanted down time is our former league member St33L. His account has been hacked and the characters deleted. Obviously he's not very happy about this. I've talked about hackers here a few times but lately it really hasn't been a problem. I think everyone has gotten used to the idea that you have to keep your account name and password a secret. Sharing your account with someone, so that you can level up faster is just begging to lose everything you had on that account.

Camlost did answer him in public and they appear to be willing to help him rebuild that character. At least to a certain extent. I really doubt Games Campus will be willing to do that regularly, so don't count on it.

Have fun with the event, and maybe I'll see you tomorrow.

- AxtTreiber

This entry was posted on Monday, March 7, 2011 at Monday, March 07, 2011 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Wow, lucky him!
I remember when I got hacked twice in the G1 version and they didn't give a shit. And nope, I'm extremely paranoid so I don't share my info with anyone, I've got a code as my password and I don't have any trojans/keyloggers.
Maybe it's bizt who hacked my account since I got him on FB =P

Anyway, get well soon DJ, I'm coming back on the 16th!! =D

March 8, 2011 at 6:27 AM

you never know :)

March 8, 2011 at 7:29 AM

The latest word is that St33L actually shared the password. The guy who deleted everything has been banned, and I'm sure Camlost isn't being too generous about replacing items.

It's a classic. Sell the account and then come back screaming, "HACK!!!"

March 8, 2011 at 9:11 AM

ye, he said he didn't shared but in fact he does lol, he is even sharing with Faye's account and some other people

March 8, 2011 at 10:36 AM

I just saw him in game. He's got his Dark Heart tag again, a deco on and a lowby looking saber that is +8.

March 8, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Post a Comment