A few things  

Posted by SpearDriver in , , ,

There are a few small things in game that are worth a comment or two, so here goes. We got a patch this morning but to be honest I can't see what it did. Even Games Campus are calling it a mini-patch. Even the minor bug on the living/resources map tabs wasn't fixed. If anyone finds something new please leave a note in the comments.

I think most people know that the Viet players make a habit of trying to sell in-game items for real world money. I don't know what Games Campus policy is about this sort of thing, but they do it anyway. DuLong has a regular price of 3000 campus credits for a defense trink, for example. You know what? I think they've run out of customers! There are only so many people who will do that sort of thing, pay real money for game items, and we have a low population on this server to begin with.

I mention this because in the last couple of days, 3 or 4 people have told me that they ran into that boss and no one else was there. The usual small army of Viet campers/buffers weren't around. I doubt they've all been banned from the game, so they're probably spending their time hacking away at something else.

Which brings me to my next topic. It's pretty clear to anyone who has played in any part of the PvP areas that damage hacks are the next big thing for a number of players. At the storm versus storm event last Sunday night someone hit me for over 8k hit points, in one shot. I even had an HP pill running, from the Master & Disciple NPC, and that was overwhelmed too, in that single shot. We all know that's not possible. With my dodge and ck dodge numbers, and level, most people wouldn't be able to hit me at all. It had to have been a high level nuker, and there are only a few of them.

I filed a complaint about it with Camlost and he actually got back to me pretty quickly. He said that that sort of thing is hard to prove, and I knew that. At least he's aware of the problem and watching out for it. It will probably require video evidence to get these assholes tossed out of the game. A lot of players came to this server, started over from Zero (again), just to get away from the hackers on the GamersFirst servers. It would be a real shame to see this server go down in hacker flames, because this place really is the last chance for 9Dragons.

- AxtTreiber

This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 2, 2011 at Wednesday, March 02, 2011 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

You better stay at PvE.

March 3, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Nah...

It's way more fun to go get video of guys like you. We already got one guy banned.

March 3, 2011 at 4:12 PM
Anonymous  

Start learning basic math, than say other's hacking .

March 5, 2011 at 11:55 AM

I did the basic math, and I know what these guys can hit me for in BP. Don't even start with YYBS, there weren't any really high level warriors even there.

March 5, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Post a Comment