Don't Get Hacked  

Posted by SpearDriver in

Sadly, I have to make a new rule for the league. It's a rule that I thought should have been pretty obvious, but the first two rules are pretty obvious too.

Rule #1 - Don't Die. (my rezz skill is only c4, and I like it that way)

Rule #2 - Don't get Scammed. (only a noob gives a good weapon to someone they don't know)

And now the new one...

Rule #3 - Don't get Hacked.

Hacking, or getting hacked is one of the most common topics in the IRC channel for #9Dragons, and there are only three ways for you to get hacked. The most common way is to share your passwords with someone, and share the account. You will eventually lose items if you do this. It's your own fault and Acclaim will not help you get anything back.

The second way to get hacked is to use a password that is too easy to guess. If your favorite character name is SpearDriver and your account name is SpearDriver and your password is SpearDriver, well, you might as well leave the door wide open to any thief who passes by your house. Set your password to something that is just a little harder to guess.

And the last way to get hacked is to download a bit of software that has a keylogging virus as well. I have tested a number of macro skill trainer programs and I can tell you that every single one of them had a keylogger as part of the programming. If you use that sort of software, the keylogger software will send all of your information to someone out there in the internet. Your online banking, credit cards, paypal account, and passwords to every website you use will be at risk.

It can't possibly be worth the risks you face, just to get a few skills leveled up on a game you're playing. Yes, I know how hard that is to do. This is my skill bar from my nuker and you can see that except for lightfoot and that insanely difficult VE shield, everything is either c12 or up to the level cap.


Yes, it's hard. I know. But it's not worth the risk to use a keylogging skill trainer. You'll lose everything just like Bruce and his son did. The hackers even deleted a couple of characters and that has to hurt. Acclaim can restore the characters, but they won't return any stolen items.

I'm asking for donations to help these two get back into the game. As you can imagine they're both pretty depressed, but if we can give them a few good items I'm sure we can cheer them up and help them to get over this. I have a set of 400 defence clothes to offer, and I have a set of speed boots around here somewhere. That's the sort of thing they need. If you've got a hat you're not using, or wristbands, or a nice weapon that you haven't been able to sell, please consider donating them. I want to thank you all in advance for your help.

- SpearDriver

This entry was posted on Friday, June 19, 2009 at Friday, June 19, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

As soon as I get back, I will try my best to help Bruce and Andy. However, in my absence I guess they are probably miles of levels above me...

June 20, 2009 at 8:20 AM

off topic, can any of you make a GC guide please?

June 22, 2009 at 4:24 PM

There is a complete guide in the forums, and frankly it's better than anything I could ever write.

http://phpbb.acclaim.com/9dragons/viewtopic.php?t=73386

June 23, 2009 at 12:09 PM

uhm... srry to butt in. but for those of us who are not part of DC - current lvl & clan would be helpful. i still have some stuff taking up bagspace on storage chars that might be better off with someone who needs it :)

November 22, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Post a Comment