Is there anything you don't like about the blog?  

Posted by SpearDriver in

I get a lot of compliments about this blog, often from people I don't even know all that well, like white clan players. It's really nice to hear that people are actually reading this blog, even if they don't comment. I want to mention that the comment section is open to anyone and not just league members. Just keep it clean and polite please, even if you disagree with me about something.

A few nights ago I got one of those compliments and just for the heck of it I asked, "Is there anything you don't like about the blog?". The guy actually had an answer for me! He would like to see more people posting material on this blog.

Yeah well, me too.

I did remind him that the comments section is open to anyone, and the truth is we have several league members who have permission to post here. There just doesn't seem to be much long-term interest in it. I will use this post to again invite league members to become writers. In particular I would really like to see a few more guides on the blog. Quest guides are always popular and something like a Frequently Asked Quest Questions would be really helpful for new players. How many times have you been asked, "where is Yan Kaisheng"?

So there are a couple of ideas if a new writer would like become a part of this blog. Don't worry about your English language skills, I'm more than happy to edit that sort of thing.

And you know, the truth is some of our best and most popular posts were not written by me. Goodgrrrl did almost all of our boss posts and RedCross built our list of the most useful books. The only page of this blog that gets more hits than those two is the home page of the blog, because that's what everyone has bookmarked.

I would love to have some help over here, and I look forward to hearing from you.

- SpearDriver

This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 16, 2010 at Wednesday, June 16, 2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

im aware of it is just a matter of asking in league chat, but i vote eric for updating the pricelist or "what's selling" and "useful books" regulary.
with the prices change so often, i lost track of it and he's keeping his on :)
as for other guides like quests etc, most ppl are not reading the forums.
fullneo, warda and the rest of the guide gang can write the greatly...(are we allowed to use forum material here?)

June 17, 2010 at 7:35 PM

I have no objection at all to using forum material for the blog. That is where a lot of our images have come from anyway.

You're right about the price list too. It would be great to have someone update that post, but I have no idea about prices these days.

June 17, 2010 at 7:41 PM

New items comes nearly from each special event/patch, you simply dont know correct prices right away (like Hermit's PS weapon).

Oldest/worthless items will disappear and are not even worth to mention their prices (like old FD12 dungeon clan clothes).

You need to be a hefei seller to know current prices :) Good luck for next person who manages to update our lovely price list ^^

June 18, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Hello there, I just was introduced to this blog, but I already like the layout, I have also put it in my favs to continue reading, don't let it die down :)

June 22, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Hmmm, I think I should be honored with having to update the books. But am too lazy to do it. :) Good luck to anyone taking time to do it.

June 22, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Post a Comment