Slowly getting frustrated  

Posted by SpearDriver in , , ,

This game is really losing steam and players are leaving again. We're pretty much back to the situation we had with GamersFirst before they brought out the template characters, and what a fiasco that was. At that time our reader numbers here were just barely reaching 800 unique readers per month. For the month of March we had only 860 unique readers. That's down from 1200 in January.

In our league we're down to about 10 really active players. That's actually normal for most of the leagues on the Games Campus German server. I've spoken to a few other high level players and they all have have the same situation we have. They have high level characters in their leagues, and a few characters designed to hunt bosses, and that's it. The lack of regular weekly events has pretty much destroyed the crowd of casual players and Games Campus doesn't seem to be willing to do anything about that.

The situation isn't just here on 9D Germany. Our friends in the Restless League on the GamersFirst server have pretty much had enough too. They'll be meeting this week to see what they want to do next. Most of their long term members have left 9Dragons already. Some have gone on to play Guild Wars. Guild Wars 2 should be out soon, and that might be a good option for me.

The other factor of course is the presence of the Vietnamese hackers and again, Games Campus doesn't seem to be willing to do anything about those people either. A number of them have had hacked weapons taken away, but apparently hacking those weapons in the first place isn't good enough reason to ban players from the game. Those guys are now using +9 weapons, instead of +10. It's their new standard equipment, and I'm sure those were hacked too. There is about a 3% cumulative chance to refine a weapon to +9.

I had a 2 slot weapon fail at +4 last week. I'm not putting up with this anymore.

I'm looking around again for a new game to play. I have a 90 day premium package in the bag, and I'll start using that today. I have a few credits left over that I will probably spend on XP cards. After all, I might as well use those credits up before moving on.

Star Wars Old Republic is coming soon. They are accepting applications for beta testers and are allowing leagues to pre-register league names already, so it shouldn't be too long. I have signed up for the beta tester program. Age of Wulin is more active with their Twitter page too, but I'm not expecting a beta test for that game any time soon.

I'll still be around and playing this game as I've done for a long time, until I can find something else I want to play. Like I said, I'm not putting up with this anymore.

- AxtTreiber

This entry was posted on Sunday, April 3, 2011 at Sunday, April 03, 2011 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

8 comments

Think the game known as 9Dragons is gonna die in general on all publishers. Shame though, because i really like this game.

Though i dont have much time too play lately. Damm waste of my premium >.<

April 3, 2011 at 5:36 PM

i'm playing lord of the rings online and i enjoy playing it, cause there a almost no bugs and expansions are coming out all the time. It's F2P but i pay per month because it's hard to level up after lvl 20 without quest packs, but i don't bother, i get something for the money atleast.

April 3, 2011 at 8:43 PM

I consider playing Rift... it looks really great, and is not all about grinding.
It's P2P to, but there's not much difference to F2P games where I use premium anyway :)

April 3, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Me and Milic are playing Loong, did you try it?
And SD, it would be great if you signed us for Star Wars, I've been wanting to play it for a long time now.

April 4, 2011 at 5:21 AM

i just stick to 9D the german version.
if it closes maybe i gonna start WOW or LotR.
but for now i keep playing 9D
greetz exp

April 4, 2011 at 9:30 AM

I tried Loong but I don't really like the "all quests" style that some of these games use. 9Dragons is good that way, some quests, some grind, some dungeons.

It's all nicely spread out.

April 4, 2011 at 9:40 AM

Spear, don't you mean a LOT of grind? :P
Still 9D is doomed in any company. Maybe if EA or some other 3rd party got the rights on it and had the engineers on it, then maybe it would survive. But at this point, 9D won't succeed in any game devs hand.

April 4, 2011 at 9:12 PM

Yeah, 9D is "a lot of grind" but you can break it up a bit, run a dungeon, help with an epithet, write a blog...

April 4, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Post a Comment