Epic Fail  

Posted by SpearDriver in , ,

There are lots of theories and superstitions in this game concerning refining weapons. You should only refine with no buffs on, or when all external wounds are healed. Never refine weapons when your intoxication level is above zero. You should never refine when someone else is doing that, etc, etc. I've heard them all.

One of the more recent theories is that if you are refining two weapons and one fails, the next one will succeed. I'm here to tell you, that idea is not true. I just tried to refine my new crit hit Axe to +5 and that failed. I'm not upset about that. I had a scale on the Axe, so I still have the Axe. Now I don't have that scale and I lost 4 BE. No big deal.

Because I've heard this two weapons refining theory from a few different people, I decided to try to refine my WD GB spear to +10. I had a level 10 material just waiting for this moment. That refining attempt failed as well, and there is the graphic to prove it. I still have the spear. There was a scale on it too, but now the scale is gone and 25 BE's worth of refining material gone too.

In total I lost 2 scales and 29 BE. Not a good night for SpearDriver.

This entry was posted on Friday, April 17, 2009 at Friday, April 17, 2009 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

happens to all :)

April 18, 2009 at 11:26 AM

just lost pretty much BE's this time :) failed 4 times on +9 and then other weapon 2 times on +5 and another 2 times on +6, result +8 and +5 weapons

April 18, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Post a Comment