A hack on the coin mall of another Acclaim game  

Posted by SpearDriver in ,

I leave the IRC channel for this game open most of the night and log the discussion so that I can go back over it the next morning. It takes only a couple of minutes and I can do it while having my first coffee of the day.

Last night it was reported that another of the Acclaim Games, "Bots" was hacked at the user accounts level. In short, Acclaim Coins have gone missing from players accounts. I don't know how this happens but it's serious and I doubt that Acclaim can fix this issue any time soon. And if Bots users can get hacked, 9Dragons players aren't far behind.

If you have any unused coins in your Acclaim account I recommend you take a screen shot of your account as soon as possible, just in case your account gets targeted. For what it is worth, this seems to be affecting the people who post on the Bots php bulletin board. If you don't post on the 9Drgaons phpbb, you are probably quite safe.

This entry was posted on Monday, December 29, 2008 at Monday, December 29, 2008 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment